Question: Out of 100 visitors to your website how many can you now market to?
When people visit your website, do you have a way to collect their information? You can have a beautiful website full of great visuals, but if you don’t have something that they can download in exchange for a name and email address, then you are missing out on 95% of the possible leads coming to your website.
If you’re spending money on social media advertising to get people to your website, you’re throwing money away.
Stop now until you have a lead collection device on your website.
This is also called a lead magnet and can take many different forms. It should be something that adds value to the web visitor and is short and can be consumed quickly. Some examples include:
This lead magnet begins the relationship-building phase with your potential new client.
1) Check if you have an opt-in on your website
2) If not, come up with a valuable, quickly consumed piece of content
3) Design your lead magnet so it’s attractive to leads
4) Get your web developer (or yourself) to add this to your website above the fold
5) Set up an autoresponder to deliver your lead magnet to your new leads