Decide on Your Social Media Business Goals
First, you need to understand what businesses use social media.
As in the previous post, we know this is not a platform to sell on.
It is, however, a platform to build a tribe of loyal fans, add value, increase brand awareness and to let people know how your business can help them reach their goals.
With this in mind, you need a definite set of business goals that are measurable and will help to grow your business.
With regards to what social media can do for your business, these are some of the benefits of using social media:
- Stay top of mind with potential customers
- Grow brand awareness with the general public
- Become an authority in your niche
- Increase visitors to your website
- Promote your content to add value to prospective customers
- Boost sales
Consider these statistics…
- 78% of small businesses attract new customers with social media.
- 33% of customers use social media to find new brands, products and services.
- 63% of consumers are more likely to use businesses with an informative social media presence when searching online.
- 71% of consumers who received a quick response on social media would recommend the brand to others.
This should give you some good things to think about in relation to why you would want to add or improve your social media presence for your business.
1) Decide what business goals you have
2) Decide what role social media will play in your business goals
3) Write down your goals
Consider these points with your social media plan >