7 Optimisation Checks For Your YouTube Channel Videos
Follow this checklist for best results each time you load a video to YouTube.
You don’t want to be getting 6 out of 10 for your efforts, right… you want 10 out of 10 for your efforts.
7 Optimisation Checks:
- Add your website link is in the description area (you want peeps to know your website right?)
- Ensure you add a text description, use the transcription of the video
- Spell out the key points in a summary, before the ‘read more’ tab
- Use the correct targeted ‘tags’ or keywords
- Use a Hi-res Thumbnail
- Use an ‘End Screen’ or at least a ‘Call To Action’ prompt
- Share on Social Media Platforms
Here are some other details to help with the above tips.
For your ‘text description, get your video transcribed. You can use the YouTube file OR what I find easier is use https://otter.ai/ and load your video and within minutes you’ll get your transcript, all for free.
Make sure you check for accuracy in your transcript, depending on your accent 🙂
Get a list of your website core keywords, what I call a ‘tag’ bank. Your web guy should be able to help if you had keyword research done.
Keep and build on this ‘tag’ bank for use when you load a video to help your videos rank for the right keywords. Makes it easy and quick when you add new videos to optimise them.
You created the video for a reason. To share information, to educate, to help position you as the guru, right…
Hopefully, you’ve added value, coz that’s what it’s all about with content marketing.
What do you now want people to do if they need your help?
Have a call to action instruction in the video!
It’s easy to do with an ‘end screen’ and a call to action, or even easier using YouTube’s built-in ‘Info Cards’.
See this tutorial > https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=12&v=-Sex3r_CNWU&feature=emb_logo
To summarise, if you have videos already, do a quick review of them. Use the checklist.
If you don’t have any video’s, do one quickly, pick the most commonly asked question, pick up your phone, camera, action… and shoot…
Smart Actions: 7 Optimisation Checks:
1) Add your website link is in the description area (you want peeps to know your website right?)
2) Ensure you add a text description, use the transcription of the video
3) Spell out the key points in a summary, before the ‘read more’ tab
4) Use the correct targeted ‘tags’ or keywords
5) Use a Hi-res Thumbnail
6) Use an ‘End Screen’ or at least a ‘Call To Action’ prompt
7) Share on Social Media Platforms
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel > https://www.youtube.com/user/SmarterWebsites