There are specific good reasons why a Page is beneficial over just using your Personal Profile for business purposes: Terms of Service: It is against Facebook’s Terms of Service to use a Personal Profile for business purposes!
- There is no limit to the number of connections you can have for a Page. This makes Pages especially valuable for Facebook users who reach, or are approaching, the 5,000 friend limit.
- People can just “like” your Page, they don’t need approval. It’s easy for you.
- The search engines “index” (visit, know that it exists) the business page content so it’s an SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) boost. They don’t index personal profile content.
- Facebook is currently the second most popular site on the Web.
- You can build an active community for your clients and prospects.
- It gives you a way to talk to and get feedback from your target audience, because like a user profile, you can update your community with status updates that will appear in their news feed.
- You can promote events.
- You can add unlimited photos and videos to promote your products and services.
- You can customise the Page using various applications.
- The direct “vanity” URL can be claimed for the Page once there are 25+ members.
- You can easily promote it with tools provided by Facebook.
- The Facebook Pages Insights analytics tool gives you useful information about your community and their interactions.
- Facebook allow you to change from Personal mode as Admin of your Page, to Page mode. This allows you to “Like” other Pages from your Page and comment on their Wall posts, giving your Page and business a wider audience for exposure
- It’s another traffic driver to your website.
We would never advocate that, putting your online business presence totally under someone else’s terms and condition’s is a dangerous move. Leverage from it, absolutely, but still drive your own website independently; you never know when ‘their’ rules will change.
Keep your independence and strengthen your own website from all of this.
* Please complete this brief to the best of your ability. What content and material you’re not able to provide at stage 1 please make notes and source that material as soon as possible and send through.